- If anything can go wrong, it will, at the worst possible time, causing maximum damage.
- If everything seems to be going well, something has obviously been overlooked.
- It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are ingenious.
- If there is a wrong way to do something, then someone will do it.
- When in a queue, you will find the other line moving faster.
Two simple phrases - “Whatever will be, will be”, and “If anything can go wrong, it will." One makes us think about the major phases in life, the other hints at how unpredictable they are. One cautions us against pinning our expectations high; the other suggests: